A Wireless Telecommunications Permit is required for all wireless telecommunication facilities prior to any such facilities being erected, replaced, relocated, or altered within the City of High Point. Small wireless facilities proposed to be placed within a City street right-of-way shall be in compliance with an approved master small wireless facility license agreement.
- Small wireless facilities proposed to be placed within a City street right-of-way shall be in compliance with an approved master small wireless facility license agreement.
- Certificate of Appropriateness is required from the City of High Point Historic Preservation Commission if the permit is proposed to be located in a local historic district, or from the Guilford County Historic Preservation Commission for a Guilford County Historic Landmark.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Completed application, including all contractors conducting the work, submitted online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA)
- Application fee
- Necessary wireless telecommunication facility and site documents
- The wireless telecommunication facility plans must comply with the Development Ordinance wireless telecommunication facility standards and applicable provisions of the North Carolina Building Code.
- An approved land development plan for the site.
- Payment of required permit fee.
- Applicant is authorized to obtain the permit.
- Upon meeting all permit requirements, the applicant is entitled to a Wireless Telecommunications Permit.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the plan review process.
Expected Processing Time
- Within 2 business days of receipt of an application the Planning & Development Department will determine whether an application is complete or incomplete.
- If the application is incomplete, then the applicant will be notified within those 2 business days with a written list of application deficiencies.
- If the application is complete, then it shall be considered submitted.
- Approximately 5 business days from submittal of a complete application the Planning & Development Department will approve, approve subject to conditions, or disapprove the application in accordance with review standards of the Development Ordinance.
- The application will be approved upon the determination that it meets all applicable review standards of the Development Ordinance.
- If the permit application is approved subject to conditions, the applicant may submit a revised application to show conformance with the conditions of approval or address the comments.
- If the application does not meet the review standards of the Development Ordinance, it will be denied with comments and the applicant may appeal or revise the application addressing the comments.
- Any revised application will be reviewed and decided within 5 business days of submittal.
- If the applicant appeals a denial, it will be considered in accordance with the appeal provisions of the Development Ordinance.
- All permit fees are due prior to permit issuance
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check