Moved Structure

Moved Structure

The Structure Removal process is used to obtain a permit to move a structure to another location. The process can be used for either residential or commercial structures.

If the structure is proposed for a new site within the City’s jurisdiction, then either a Commercial Construction or Residential Construction permit would be needed to place the structure on the new site.


Approvals or Permits Issued

  • Issuance of a Residential or Commercial Moved Structure Permit by the Development Services Center
  • The permit lists all required inspections

Submittal Requirements

  1. Completed Structure Removal Permit Application (PDF), including all contractors conducting the work, submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA).
  2. Application fee

Permit Requirements

  1. Payment of required permit fee
  2. Applicant is authorized to obtain the permit.
  3. Upon meeting all permit requirements, the applicant is entitled to a Moved Structure Permit.

Additional Information

  • Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the permit review process.
  •  Permit Update Application (PDF)


  • All permit fees are due prior to permit issuance
  • See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
  • Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
  • Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check