This process is used to convey public utility easements (electric, water, sanitary sewer, or other utility easement) to the underlying property owner.
- Easement granted to the City of High Point.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Approval of an easement reconveyance by Technical Review Committee (TRC).
- The applicant submits an application, supplemental documents and fees.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the process.
- Plans are reviewed by an interdepartmental team with expertise in planning, transportation, utilities, stormwater, land-disturbance and other environmental areas. This review is in accordance with adopted Regulations and Policies.
- Comments are returned to the applicant.
- The applicant addresses any unresolved issues and re-submits for review.
- Completed Easement Reconveyance Application (PDF) submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA).
- Request review fees
- A written legal description of area for reconveyance is required when the reviewing departments have confirmed that the easement is no longer needed.
- Quitclaim deed is prepared by legal staff for recordation in the applicable county Register of Deeds.
Expected Processing Time
- Within 2 business days of receipt of an application the Planning & Development Department will determine whether an application is complete or incomplete.
- If the application is incomplete, then the applicant will be notified within those 2 business days with a written list of application deficiencies.
- If the application is complete, then it shall be considered submitted.
- Approximately 10 business days from submittal of a complete application the applicant will receive review comments on the initial submittal.
- Complete application processing time is dependent upon the applicant’s ability to resolve any initial review issues and submit a revision for approval by the Technical Review Committee (TRC).
- Application fee is due at time of submittal
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check