Commercial Over-the-Counter (OTC)
The Commercial Over-the-Counter process is for work to existing commercial structures that does not require a plan review. When a contractor has a multi-trade project that meet the established criteria, then one permit may be issued.
Commercial construction projects not meeting the Over-the-Counter criteria will utilize the Commercial Construction process.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Issuance of a Commercial Over-the-Counter Permit by the Development Services Center
- The permit lists all required inspections
- Completed Over-the Counter Permit Application (PDF), including all contractors conducting the work, submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA)
- Application fee
- Detailed scope of work in the application
- Scope of work meets the required criteria (PDF).
- Payment of required permit fees.
- Applicant is authorized to obtain the permit
- Upon meeting all permit requirements, the applicant is entitled to a Commercial Over-the-Counter Permit.
- Permit fees are due at permit issuance
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check