The after-hours inspections service provides contractors with inspections by certified inspectors outside business hours. Permitted commercial construction projects are eligible for after-hours inspections when required inspections cannot be accommodated during normal business hours.
After-hours inspections depend on the availability of inspectors. A 2-day notice is requested.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- A valid commercial permit
- All work must be complete and ready for inspection
- Inspection passes or fails by the applicable field inspector
Expected Processing Time
- To request an after-hours inspection, contact the Development Services Center at 336-883-3151.
- A minimum 2 hour fee is required. Additional fees will apply if time is exceeded.
- The process is completed on the day the inspection is resulted.
- A 2-hour minimum fee is assessed per trade inspector; with fees for additional hours assessed after the inspection is resulted
- Minimum fees are due prior to conducting the inspection
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check