The purpose of the Zoning Compliance Permit is to authorize a specific principal use of property where a construction permit is not required. Examples of such uses include: automobile parking lots, demolition debris landfills, cemeteries and athletic fields. Also permitted through this process are storage and other residential accessory buildings with dimensions (length, width and height) of 12 feet or less. And, the review of State licensed uses, such as those requiring ABC approval, utilize this process.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Issuance of a Zoning Compliance Permit by the Development Services Center
- The permit lists all required inspections
- Completed Zoning Compliance Permit Application submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA).
- Application fee
- If the use involves land development, a site plan is required.
- The proposed use must comply with the Development Ordinance regulations.
- Payment of required permit fee.
- Applicant is authorized to obtain the permit.
- Upon meeting all permit requirements, the applicant is entitled to a Zoning Compliance Permit.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the permit review process.
- Application fee is due at time of submittal
- All permit fees are due at permit issuance
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check