Street & Utility Plan
The Street and Utility Plan process is used to review and approve plans for constructing public streets, water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer facilities to serve land development. It is a required component plan for subdivisions but may also be required for site plans and group developments when public utilities are being extended to serve the development.
- Must be submitted in conjunction with a land development plan (subdivision, site plan or group development plan)
- Approval of a street and utility plan by Technical Review Committee (TRC)
- The applicant submits an application, plans, supplemental documents and fees.
- Projects will be assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the process.
- Plans are reviewed by an interdepartmental team with expertise in planning, transportation, utilities, stormwater, land-disturbance and other environmental areas. This review is in accordance with adopted Regulations and Policies.
- Marked plans and comments are returned to the applicant.
- The applicant addresses any unresolved issues and re-submits for review.
- When all issues are resolved, the approved plan with any conditions of approval is endorsed by the Planning and Development Department.
- Completed Land Development Application (PDF) submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA)
- Plan review fees
- Street and Utility Plan prepared in accordance with the plan standards in the Standards and Practices for Development
- Plan review fee is due at time of submittal
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check